Public Liability Accident
An accident can strike in the course of a normal day and when least expected. When severe injury is sustained because those responsible for maintaining safe conditions in public place fall short of their duty, it can be especially frustrating.
If you have been hurt in an accident in public place that didn’t involve a motor vehicle crash or a workplace incident, you could be entitled to claim compensation for your losses through a Public Liability claim.
With nearly 20 years of experience working with Public Liability cases, the lawyers at Perth law firm Bradley Law have the expertise and the commitment to secure you the money you need and deserve for your losses.
Causes of Public Liability Claims
Just about any situation imaginable can lead to an accident or injury in public place that was no fault of your own, and the result of poor or derelict duty. Causes for Public Liability claims can be wide and varied and can include, for example:
- A shopping centre patron person slips on a puddle of water in a thoroughfare
- A customer trips/slips on fallen produce in the supermarket’s vegetables aisle
- A person trips on uneven stairs
- A person is electrocuted because live wires are left exposed
- A pothole causes a fall because works were not signed
- A child gets hurt on unsafe playground equipment
- A pedestrian trips over uneven pavement on a footpath
- A gym-goer sustains injury from a poorly maintained equipment
- An improperly constructed balcony collapses at an apartment building
- A person is attacked by a dog
These are just some limited examples of what could be a Public Liability claim, and you should consult a personal injury solicitor if you have been injured in public - even if your accident was not like one of these examples.
What Compensation Can Be Recovered
A successful public liability claim is based in negligence generally provide common law damages for your losses such as:
- Lost earnings and wages
- Medical Expenses - Bills from Ambulance, Hospital, doctors and other medical professionals
- General damages for pain and suffering, and loss of enjoyment of life
- Expenses for services needed because of your injuries - sometimes including services provided for free by family or friends
- Other (non medical) expenses reasonably incurred because of your accident
To find out whether you have a Public Liability case, or to get an idea of the amount of compensation you may be entitled to, please feel free to get in contact with us using our entirely Free Consultation service. We operate on a No Win, No Fee basis and can be contacted by telephone 7 days a week.